Friday, September 04, 2009

Coupon magic

I used to think it was so corny when someone would take a picture of all the food they bought with coupons. I didn't really get it. Well, don't knock it 'till you've tried it! I've been couponing for a few weeks now and I'm amazed at the kind of deals you can find. It is so exciting to score a great deal. Here is one of my best scores at Albertsons - My total for the whole shopping trip was around 35.00. What I saved was around 130.00. I just took a picture of the best deals. The total for these items was around 10.00 - and lots of the items were free.



And, I didn't just get snack food. I also got 2 whole chickens, 5 pounds of pork chops, milk, bread, and produce. Of course now I'm totally jaded - I can't pay more than 1.00 for a box of cereal (and .50 is my average). But, it's kind of a fun way to help keep your grocery budget under control - and build up your food storage.

I'm still just a beginner. There are tons of blogs and web pages out there to help you get started. Just don't try to do too much at once and know that you can't get every deal. Just start small and you'll be amazed at what you can find.

5 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Great shopping deals Amanda! I have not blogged about it but I have dabbled in the couponing myself. I am not always loyal because of time. I am still in the trenches of small ones at home. My Mom is a guru! Good Luck on your race. You will love it, visualize that finish line and your fam cheering you on. I am so nervous about my race that I cannot stop dreaming, thinking and visualizing it. I wish I hadn't put the pressure to perform on and had just gone with "positive experience"!

Laurie said...

Amamda, I loved coupon shopping in Denver because of double coupons. And, occasionaly triple days!!! But, here in Omaha I'm not very good at it.

Do you still do the dinner planning web-site? How did you like it?

Kelly P said...

That's awesome, Amanda. I started "couponing" towards the beginning of this year - and I'm amazed at some of the deals I can get. One of the blogs I follow always has a ton of Albertsons deals, and I am always sooo jealous - it seems like deals are not as good here "out East." But I've still been able to find some good ones!! I've been amazed at how much couponing has enabled me to stretch my grocery budget!! And I've also cut my grocery budget down over the months too - letting that money go to work somewhere else. It's a great feeling!! (I still haven't taken pictures of my purchases though, hahaha!)

Elle said...

That is awesome! I went to a free class at work where they introduced a 'coupon program'. I have really wanted to try it out but with my crazy work schedule I haven't been able to find the time. Maybe I will have to start out slowly.

Bond Fam said...

Wow Amanda I am impressed, you are going to have to teach me how to do this!