Friday, October 30, 2009

A little bit of Snow - and lots of no school

Finally, it was time for the kids to get back to school after a 2 week fall break. I was looking forward to getting back into a routine and had a lot of things going on on Monday. It had snowed some on Sunday night, but it wasn't very bad. Monday morning Rachel and I woke up very early (she has to catch the bus at 7:14 am) to find out that there was a 2 hour delay - I'm glad that I actually checked because there was no reason to have a delay. They had school on Tuesday but that night, there was a forecast that a lot of snow was coming. For our area, it was supposed to be 1-4 inches (which to me is still not that bad). I wake up in the morning - it still hadn't snowed at all, but I decide to check the school website - there is a 2 hour delay which later turned into a cancellation. Still, no snow whatsoever - just a forecast that it was coming. Some areas around us had snow (it was the worst north and west of us), but we still didn't really have anything. Finally, by Wednesday night it started to snow and blow really hard. School was cancelled again on Thursday. By this point, my kids are tired of being home and want to get back to school. I'm beginning to think they are going to be home a lot this winter - they seem to cancel school for a bad forecast! The kids got to go to school on Friday - just in time for Halloween parties. The snow was mostly gone by Friday afternoon. Hopefully we're not in for a tough winter!

No comments: