Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Graham Cracker Houses

Making "gingerbread" houses is a fun tradition that my kids look forward to. With some help from Grandma & Grandpa (they sent some of the supplies), we had a fun evening decorating houses.

Before the kids began, I constructed the houses and glued the crackers together with hot glue. I highly recommend this step - often it can be frustrating when they are trying to build the walls and the roof and their house keeps falling down.

Here's Josh all ready to get decorating.



And David...


And Rachel and Emma



Emma was quite proud of her finished house



The big hit this year were the Gingerbread men cookies I bought on a whim. Rachel has a whole family outside her house.


Here's David's house



And the whole village



Up close of Josh's


David's


Rachel's


and Emma's


They sure had fun and were all very creative!

2 comments:

Bond Fam said...

How fun! They all look so cute! We are waiting to do ours when Brian gets home, I can't wait!

Dawn said...

I sure do like those houses. You guys are very creative!! Good job1