Saturday, March 20, 2010

BYU Campus

For Spring Break this year, we decided to make a trip to Utah. We get to see Amanda's family and also Aaron's sisters. We made a trip down to BYU - a little walk down memory lane for Mom & Dad.

We stopped in the Art Museum and the kids posed by this LOVE sculpture.


Emma is always my willing photo subject.


Having been away for so long we totally forgot that campus pretty much shuts down at 11:00 am on Tuesdays. That was right when we got to the book store, so we had a little bit of time to kill. I made Josh pose by this statue of kids playing with a frog. Kind of sounds like something Josh would do :)



The kids by the "Tree of Life" or is it the "Tree of Knowledge", I can't remember...


The Eyring Science Center.

It's kind of funny - the buildings that have looked the same forever are the science and the computer science buildings (where we met). The big, brand new one is the Smith Family Living Center. I guess that's BYU for you. We did walk around the old Talmadge Building (Computer Science) and it looks exactly the same. They have updated the computers though...

Anyway, it was fun to go back and visit. I will always cherish my days at BYU.

4 comments:

Heather said...

good for you! i'm glad you posted these... now I have a few ideas of things to do during Spring Break. It's funny that when you live in an area, sometimes you forget all the little gems in your "backyard". Too bad we are getting rain next week for our spring break though. Hope you had a nice trip to UT!

Karla said...

Looks your trip was tons of fun. I'll have to take the kiddos to Temple Square this summer. They've never been that they remember. I also need to take them to BYU. How I miss that place sometimes.....oh the memories.

Rach said...

Man I miss BYU sometimes!! We walked around the campus when we were there in October and it was weird how much things had changed and yet still stayed the same. Fond memories there! And, I think that sculpture is called "The Tree of Wisdom".

Elizabeth said...

BYU! So glad you got to see it again, maybe someday I'll get to go again, it looked like so much fun. When I look back on those fun days, it seems like a whole other life. I guess there's a season for everything, huh? I'm so glad you had a good time.