Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

So, after living here for over a year, I finally took my kids to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.

I would say that the coolest thing about this zoo is the giraffes. You can buy crackers to feed them and get very up close and personal.


This one was a baby giraffe that could barely reach the bottom of the platform.

They have such long, black tongues! This one was slobbering all over the railing.


It is a beautiful zoo - up on the side of a mountain, but that is one of the downfalls - it is very steep! To get anywhere you are walking up steep hills (and I was pushing Emma in a stroller). So, we didn't get to the whole zoo, but I'm sure that we'll be back many times.

Here is Josh in the monkey house.

Smiling Emma

David, sporting his turtle hat.

David and Josh playing on the gigantic hose.

Rachel - checking out the chickens.

Petting the goat.


The view is really pretty.


I'm sure we'll be making it back to the zoo many times!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

That does look like a really nice zoo! Looks like you had a great time!

Elle said...

It looks like a lot of fun. That is cool that they let you get so close to the giraffes.

Sarah said...

Fun! It looks like Wild Animal Park in San Diego. I love the zoos where you get to see the animals so close.

Maybe you guys should get a goat to keep your chickens company in the new house? :)

Dawn said...

wow neat Zoo looks like tons of fun. So nice to live close to a zoo, huh?

Maureen said...

Great pix! Looks like a lot of fun. I've been here 10 years and still haven't gone. Kevin took a date there a couple of weeks ago and had a blast. I'm glad you got to go!