Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside!

What a cruel trick of mother nature! This past weekend were were tempted with 60 degree weather (that my kids called "hot"). It made it seem like Spring was just around the corner and that winter was almost done. Not so in Colorado. Out of all the places I've ever lived, the weather changes here with the greatest extremes. Today the day started out in the 20s - it quickly got colder and colder as it started snowing. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be negative. I'm really hoping for a snow day because I really don't want to go out in that weather at all! It did make the trees really pretty in our neighborhood, though.


Spring is looking really far away at this point... hopefully we can hold on!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah, my kids got the day off today, not because of snow, it is just way too cold!

Amanda said...

Yep, thankfully we had a snow today today too! My thermometer says it's -15 and our furnace can barely keep up.

Rach said...

Is that your yard? I'm jealous! And, I LOVE your new blog header (maybe it's not that new, I been a slacker about looking at blogs lately).

Amanda said...

@Rachael - That is the view from our front door. Yep, it's a new blog header. My blog has been sorely neglected for a very long time and it needed a fresh look. I think the blog header looks so nice because of all the great pictures - thanks to a great photographer!