Thursday, May 05, 2011

Bathroom remodel

There are a lot of things that I love about my house. My master bathroom finishes - not one of them. It's big, and had the layout that we liked, but the tile was dated and starting to crack.

I thought that we could just live with it for a while, but we started to discover that water was leaking through the tile/grout and causing problems.
Here it is partway through the demo process. You can see all the mold and icky stuff that was growing on the wall under the tile. Ewwwww!

Here's a closeup of some of the worst of it:



We decided to hire a friend of ours to redo everything (Aaron did the demo). Here it is all framed!

Progress is being made.



Almost there


The finished product:


There's still some work to be done - I need to replace the forest green shades with something more neutral and I would love to replace the carpet with tile. That will come someday. In the meantime, we are enjoying our new bathroom!

Here's a slideshow with more pictures:

4 comments:

Jess said...

It looks so nice! I love the tile that you chose.

Ginger said...

That looks awesome!

Elle said...

Oh, I felt so bad for you when I saw the pictures of the mold. But the end result is amazing. It reminds me of the Holmes show on HGTV.

Bond Fam said...

Ohhh it looks so awesome! That is terrible about the mold, we had that problem in the first place we lived in when we were first married, the tiles in the shower literally fell in on me one day, water had been getting in for years and it finally gave way! I love your new tiles!