Friday, July 14, 2006

Lemonade Stand


Rachel really wanted to start some kind of business venture. Her friend suggested a cleaning business. I don't think Rachel really wanted to do that (I mean, come on, I can hardly get her to clean her room :)) so she wanted to do a lemonade stand. She figured out what she would need to buy and said she would pay me back with her profits. She was so excited about this - it was pretty cute. So, the time finally came. I figured that in about 10 minutes of the hot and muggy weather, the kids would have drunk half their inventory and been begging to come inside.

Well, I was wrong! They actually made ten dollars. Most people just gave them a dollar for the lemonade. One nice gentleman gave each of them a dollar for 1 cup of lemonade. They made enough money to pay me back for the supplies and still be happy with the money they had left over. It was a success. I just don't think they would have that kind of success if they tried to do it every day. Fortunately, one time was enough for them.

No comments: