Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Last day of (summer) School!


Well, I'm a little late in posting this, but David had his last day of Summer school. I have mixed feelings about this. It was fun for him, it did keep him busy, and I wasn't so worried about sitting down with him everyday to do school work. The reason that I'm glad it's over is that I no longer have to roll him out of bed at 7:15 to catch the bus at 7:45. I don't have to fight to get him in bed before 9. Don't you remember those long summer days? When it doesn't get dark until 9:30 and there are still kids outside playing baseball? It's kind of hard to go to bed. So now, David can kind of enjoy the sleeping in part of summer. He really did enjoy it. On monday, they would get muffins from Mimi's cafe and he got a cerficate to go to Mimi's cafe for a free dinner. To Rachel's great annoyance, he reminded her of this every chance he got "my dinner is FREE". I just hope that it did help him catch up. Now that it's over, I've got to get the mommy school in full swing. David said it would be fun if I did "centers". Yes, it would be fun, but there is a reason I didn't major in elementary education. But, it is fun, when you can teach your kids, and you see the improvement. When that light goes on and they start to understand something. We still need to work on numbers a lot and I have a feeling we're going to be reading lots of Bob Books this summer. That's okay, it's really cute when they are so excited to learn.

No comments: