Friday, July 20, 2007

Playing dress up

Lately Rachel has been wanting to put on makeup and dress up clothes. She was upset that all of her dress up clothes are now too small. I told her that she could play dress up with some of my clothes. She tried on some of my dresses and had a fun time. I told her she could try on my wedding dress if she wanted. She beamed and said "I was hoping you would let me do that". I then told her that a few years ago, I was dejunking the house and was seriously considering donating my wedding dress to DI. All it ever did was hang in my closet and take up room. I was never going to wear it again, and I had lots of pretty pictures of it to remember what it looked like. I was telling this to Sarah and she said "No, you can't get rid of it, someday, your daughters will want to use it to dress up in!" Rachel was really happy that we had that conversation. She said something like "I am so glad that Sarah made you keep it!". So, thank you Sarah, for being the one to make it possible for pictures like this.


4 comments:

Jess said...

What a fun idea! She looks so cute and pretty! I remember that dress well and being one of your bridesmaids with Margret. Oh the memories. Do you ever hear from Margret or know where she is?

Ginger said...

you've inspired me to keep my wedding dress. of course, I don't think any of my current children will be trying it on, but maybe someday...

Amanda said...

I did exchange e-mails or letters with Margret a few years ago, but I don't think I've heard from her lately. I think she lives in New Mexico. I remember that time quite well too! I'm so glad that you guys were my Bridesmaids. I wish that I could have been at your wedding!

Sarah said...

I love it! The last pic is my favorite. :) I'm glad you kept it.