Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wind Chilled


I think that we can consider ourselves true Nebraskans now. Today school was canceled because it was too cold. Unfortunately, I didn't get the memo and I bundled all my kids in the car only to find the school parking lot empty. I guess I just didn't think to check the news for school closings because of cold temperatures. It was very cold. That weather forecast isn't even accurate - it was -7 this morning with wind chills of 20 to 30 below. I can't wait until it gets up to 30 degrees at the end of the week. My kids will think that it is already spring! I can't wait for this winter to be over.

4 comments:

Bond Fam said...

MAN! Thats awful, I hate the cold, and I thought it was bad here, but its nothing compared to you guys! I dont know about you guys but I am SO ready for summer!

Mollie said...

We've been cold here too... A high of 60, and we're all complaining - I guess a little perspective is good once in a while.

Amanda said...

Mollie - everyone is probably wearing coats, right? My kids think they don't need one anymore when it's 40 degrees.

Jess said...

That is way too cold for me! I am so used to Vegas winters now.