Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween Costumes

Yep, it's that time again. I don't think I'm being quite ambitious as last year, but I'm still making 4 new costumes. I hadn't even broken out my sewing machine since we moved. I no longer have a sewing room so that makes sewing a little more difficult. I wanted the costumes to be a little easier this year, so I am making scrubs for David and Josh (dressing up as doctors). Rachel and Emma are going to be fairies. While the patterns are not too complicated, I'll be working with a lot of tulle, so hopefully that won't be too frustrating. The scrubs are almost finished and everything is all cut out (the worst part in my book). It has been fun to be sewing again - I really forget how much I do enjoy that. We don't have anything going on until Halloween, so I've still got some time on my hands. I'm really excited for this warm fall weather. I think the kids might not need coats this year! One time in Utah we were trick-or-treating in the snow. I'll post some pictures when the costumes get done.

4 comments:

Bond Fam said...

You are so good Amanda, I need to be better about sewing stuff more.

Laura Bloomfield said...

I'm so glad that you live in New Mexico now. Maybe next year you should make 5 costumes? 4 for your family and 1 for mine?
What do you think?

Jenn said...

Oh I bet they will turn out so cute! I too am working on costumes, it is kinda fun! How would it be to have warm weather for Halloween, I'm jealous!

Mollie said...

I am always impressed by how much sewing you get in. And what great costumes you always make for your kids. Harrison and Noah are wearing more Old Navy costumes we've had for a while...