Thursday, October 02, 2008

Thinking happy thoughts...

Lately I've been getting pretty bummed that our house is still on the market. Especially with the financial crisis that has been going on in the country. I've also really been missing the great friends that we had in Omaha. So, instead of dwelling on the negative, I came up with some things to be happy and thankful about.

  • My husband has a great job here that he enjoys
  • His former company just had layoffs (and he could have been let go)
  • We will get a bigger tax deduction from all the mortgage interest we are paying :)
  • The weather here is just beautiful! The rainy season (which was wonderful too) is over so the humidity level is dropping. The evenings and mornings are crisp and cool and it reaches about 80 for a high. Just about perfect.
  • Even though the floor plan is not ideal, we have a nice house to live in here
  • We have met a lot of nice people here and made some great friends.
  • The way my 3 year old's eyes lit up when I gave her a new set of water paints
  • All the kids are healthy, happy, and doing well in school.
  • I found out my treadmill keeps track of the total miles it has gone - I just hit 1000 miles.


I'm sure there are many more things that I could list - but I feel better already. Thank you for all the prayers for our house. Please keep praying!

8 comments:

Ginger said...

You and your house are in our prayers daily. We know from personal experience that these kind of prayers ARE answered. I know it's hard to be patient. We love you guys!

Laura Bloomfield said...

I was going to write the same thing as Ginger, until I read Ginger's and realized that it would be very redundant, but you and your house are in our daily prayers too.... it will work out, but it is hard waiting until it does.

Sarah said...

Like the two others said, I'm sure it will work out soon. And CONGRATS on the thousand miles! How many pairs of shoes has that been?

Bond Fam said...

Good for you for being so positive, even when it is probably hard to do sometimes. We pray everyday that your house will sell and I know that all of our prayers will be answered soon. That is so cool that your treadmill keeps track of all of those miles! Wow! 1000! Thats a lot way to go!

Margie Madsen said...

Amanda,
As always you have a beautiful perspective. Thanks for being such a good example.

Trinity said...

Man, we are missing you guys too. I have been feeling pretty bummed myself so thanks for the great gratitude exercise . . . sometimes I really get caught up in the crazinesss of school, no work, and kiddos and forget to just smile. :)

Elle said...

I love your positive attitude. We too have been praying your house sells soon.

Amanda Stevens said...

I understand completely...without too much detail...we have had 72 acres of land for sale for over one year. It cost double the price of our own home and is for sale for less than we bought it!!! Hang in there...Thanks for the cool running log. I am loving it. Thank you also for the consistant example and friend you have always been-even from a distance.