Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Summer Begins!

Well, school is out and we have already had a busy and productive summer. The kids got to miss the last 2 days of school and head out to New Mexico for a fun family reunion. We then headed to Utah to see the Madsen relatives and the Payne cousins. It was a long trip with lots of driving but well worth it to see family. Now the real days of summer have finally hit us and I'm already hearing cries of "I'm bored!". I'm hoping that the zoo, children's museum, and library will hold the kids interests for at least a few weeks. We are all excited that the new Life Time Fitness gym is now open. Not only is it a great place to work out (for the grown ups) they have an awesome outdoor pool. We've already been there 3 times and the kids really like it. I have a feeling that we will be spending a lot of our summer there. But, with 4 kids and one of them being 2 years old, a couple of hours is about as long as they will last and that still leaves the rest of the day to fill. My goal for the summer is to keep the kids entertained and to not let them watch very much TV. Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update. I've been awful about updating the blog and I will try to post more stuff! Happy summer everyone!

1 comment:

Jess said...

You are such a good mom to come up with some fun activities! And avoiding the TV, even better!