Monday, March 10, 2008

I want to be a missionary now


I had been waiting until David was 8 to get him a little suit to wear to church. While it does make them look very nice, little boy's suits can be expensive and they grow out of them pretty quickly. Since Easter was coming and David turns 8 in May, I thought that his new Easter outfit could be a suit and it would save me from buying 2 different Sunday outfits. I saw that the dress up clothes were on sale at Sears. So, I went hoping to find something for 30-40 dollars. I found some suits that were originally 59.99 and the sign said 30% off. So, I went to the register preparing to pay about 40 dollars. I was pleasantly surprised when it rang up at 17.99. I thought maybe at that price I should get one for Josh as well. I found a suit in Josh's size. I was a little worried because it was a different brand. I had someone check the price and again I was surprised - 13.99. I would almost spend that much just getting him a pair of pants! So, even though it wasn't Easter yet, my 2 boys were dying to wear their new Sunday clothes. On Saturday they each got a haircut as well. So, my two little boys went to church looking quite sharp. Now I just have to make sure they keep them clean - they are dry clean only!

7 comments:

Laura Bloomfield said...

Amanda, Those boys look so good now, I can't even immagine how good they will look with little "Elder Bloomfield" tags on! Way to go on the sale! Sales are the best!!! (no matter what husbands may say)

Ginger said...

Oh! I'm so jealous! I have recently discovered the joys of cute boy church clothes. It's the only thing that compares to dressing a little girl in pink foo foo stuff (I imagine anyway). They look very handsome though. I can't believe David is almost eight!

Bond Fam said...

They look so handsome and grown up! We got Broc a suit last year at Sam's club and he looks so cute cause he is so little, with his suit on. It seems like suits for little boys are becoming more reasonable in price.

Mollie said...

I was just at sears, and I didn't see anything like this - maybe I'll look again when I don't have a 2 year old and a 4 year old running in opposite directions...

Jess said...

What great deals and your boys look so handsome!

Sarah said...

So cute! They'll have the tag before we know it...

Anonymous said...

I'm 14 and a boy and I
Love to dress up$! I recently got my first tuxedo and it is my favorite thing to wear!! I even wear it to school but I love it and people ask y? I just tell them it so fun to dress up u should try it and I have even talked my principal into haveing dress up nicely day at my school where the boys where tuxedos or suits and the girls where fancy dresses it is next week. It will be alot of fun !!!