Saturday, March 29, 2008

Turtle mania


Those of you that know David, know that he loves turtles. I guess I was wrong when I thought it was just a temporary phase. It's still everything turtles. In fact, he could be this kid. At school they had to write a page on what they would do if they caught a leprechaun. I just thought it was cute and I wanted to share. I'll leave the original spelling intact and use parentheses when you might need a little translation.

If I caught a leprechaun on St. Patricks's Day and he grantid me 3 wishes. This is haw I would do it. I would make a trap with fake gold in it and a fore lefe clovr. "I caught a leprechaun" I sead. "I get 3 wishes. I wish I got a turtel. I wishes I got a turtel take (tank) I wishes I got turtel food. I love turtels ther oswm (awesome) fantastik amazing!" I sated (stated? I'm not sure) "I get like turtels, turtels, turtels, turtels!" "a turtel?" I shated (shouted?) the turtel was a panted (painted) turtel.

I guess he's not letting this turtle craze go anytime soon. I just thought it was cute that each wish was something else for the turtle. It's probably because when he keeps asking for a turtle I tell him that we would need a bunch of other stuff - like the tank and the food. I guess he just wanted to make sure his bases were covered with the leprechaun.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

David, Sam can't wait to talk turtles with you when next we meet. He's a big turtle fan too.

Bond Fam said...

How cute, turtles are very cool,David!