Monday, September 29, 2008

The Whole Enchilada

This past weekend in Las Cruces was the Whole Enchilada Fiesta. I guess the reason why they have it is this person makes the biggest enchilada in the world (it's in the Guinness Book of World Records - who knew there was a category for enchiladas?). The making of the Enchilada takes place on Sunday, so we didn't see that. We weren't really sure what to expect but we heard there was a parade on Saturday morning, so that's the only part of the celebration that we attended. Maybe next year we'll have to venture out and participate a little bit more. We ended up right at the beginning of the parade. Here's Rachel blocking some of that great Las Cruces sunshine.

David and Josh waiting for the fun to begin.

The parade featured several marching bands - NMSU & each of Las Cruces' three high schools. Josh was plugging his ears for this part.

The kids got kick out of this miniature little horse (or pony? I'm not sure).

The also loved these cars with their funny doors - some of them could raise up and down around the tires.

Emma enjoyed her lei and candy.

We had a fun morning! I was considering getting there early and running in the 5K race, but my knee has been bothering me lately and I didn't want to stress it. I'll have to try for that next year.

Here is Rachel with the hair bows I made for those of you who wanted a picture of them in action.

6 comments:

Bond Fam said...

How fun! Thats cool that they make a big enchilada, I wonder if it is good tasting AND big?! Those hair bow are so cute!

Raygirraffe said...

It was so much fun. But we were in The front so we did not get to hear all the bands play.

Laura Bloomfield said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the bows!!!! I love them! The parade looks like too much fun!!! That's GREAT!

Ginger said...

I love parades! Looks like fun.

Jenn said...

Looks like Good Times! How Fun!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are making the very best of things...The memories will be worth it all...we are still praying for the sell of the house...your names also have been on the prayer roll of the temple.