Monday, May 11, 2009

E-Mealz

SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS
For me, one of the hardest parts of grocery shopping and making dinner is just coming up with what to make. I usually end up making the same thing over and over again. I finally tried E-Mealz because I had heard it advertised on Dave Ramsey's radio program so often. It is a meal planning service that gives you weekly shopping lists and menus. They have different lists that go with different stores and they have some different options (low-fat, low carb, and even a weight watchers point based menu). I have actually tried a similar service before, and ended up not liking most of the recipes. Our family has tried this now for a few weeks and it's a big hit. Aaron told me that he likes most of the new recipes. Even the kids have cleared their plates most of the time. Other than the main dish, it also gives side dish suggestions. That is something that I've always had a hard time coming up with. The program is only $5 a month (definitely worth the time that it usually takes me to come up with a plan and a shopping list). You pay for 3 months at a time. If you enter the word DAVE into the box at checkout, you will get 2.50 off your total. They have some sample menus on the website if you want to try some first. Here are a few of the meals that I am making this week.

Poppy Seed Chicken
White Rice
Steamed Broccoli
Sliced Cantaloupe

Enchilada Pie
Yellow Rice
Pineapple Kiwi Toss

Fish Filet Parmesan w/
Almonds
Sautéed Asparagus
Scalloped Potatoes

Foot long BLT
Sliced Oranges

The meals have all been easy to make. Having my meals planned out for me really takes some stress off of me - and I am saving money at the grocery store. I thought I would pass along something that I have found very useful. Please check it out!

7 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Wow, how cool, I will have to check it out!

Laurie said...

Amanda, thanks for sharing this site. I love the idea and am going to sign up. This just might solve all my problems. Ha.

Elizabeth said...

Amanda, thanks for sharing, I'm very interested!!! I see there it says something about Refer-A-Friend. I'd love to give you credit, so before I sign-up, is there a special code or something to give you something special???

Amanda said...

Oh, just in case anyone is wondering, if you would like to sign up, please use the link from my blog. They have a referral program that gives me some credit if someone I refer signs up. Also, I've been using the low fat walmart plan and everything has been really good!

Laura Bloomfield said...

Okay, so call me cheap... I have been to their website and looked at all their sample menus and taken all of the meal ideas off of their sample menus and I have LOVED ever recipe I've tried from them, but I still was not convinced enough to buy a subscription. So... I'll have to ask you in a month or so how you still like it... then maybe I'll try it... Keep us updated!

Mollie said...

I'm intrigued... I like cooking and finding new recipes, but I'm kind of particular about what I like, so I'm not positive it would work for me, but I also loathe the panning part of meals. I don't know why it feels like such a huge chore.

Amanda said...

Mollie - that's exactly how I felt, because I'm particular about what I like. I've actually tried a similar service (savingdinner) and I didn't like it - too many of the meals were stuff that we didn't like. For some reason this one has worked really well for us. There has only been one meal that we have switched out. Aaron has taken the leftovers to work almost every day. We are actually sitting down to a nice dinner every night - something we rarely did before.