Friday, May 01, 2009

My baby is now 4

We had a fun time celebrating Emma's birthday. She turned 4 on April 26th. I can't believe how old she is getting! She wanted a flower cake for her birthday so this is what I came up with.

Here she is blowing out the candles.

She got this cute monkey from Rachel. Rachel had "points" she earned from reading books and she was able to get this from the store at school. Emma loved it! It was actually her favorite present.

Here she it opening a present from us. She loves letters, numbers, and animals, so we got her a bunch of fun refrigerator magnets. She spells out her name on the fridge, puts a number 4 beside it, and a pig (her favorite animal).


Emma is a very sweet girl. If you call her anything else - like a sweetie or something, she says "no, I am a princess!". She's very quiet, but after you get to know her - she warms up quite a bit. During the day, when it's just Emma and me at home, she talks non stop. She also loves High School Musical and likes to pretend that she is Sharpay. She loves music. I gave her an old mp3 player and she loves to listen and sing to music. She is a joy and we love having her in our family!

7 comments:

Mollie said...

cute idea for the cake. I like the cupcake idea, especially since you can find the 1/2 size boxes of cake mix now that just make 12 cupcakes instead of 24. Whenever I make a cake I"m always overwhelmed by how huge it is.

Ginger said...

Happy Birthday Emma. I'm sure Ezra would love to play HS Musical with you at the reunion. He's always trying to talk Dan into being Sharpay but he rarely obliges.

Elle said...

Happy Birthday Emma! I can't believe you are 4 and I can't wait to see you at the reunion. :)

Laura Bloomfield said...

I wish we could see Emma more. We sure do love her! Can't wait to see you all in June!

Dawn said...

Looks like Emma had a great Birthday! The cake looks great! Can't wait to see all of you!

Elizabeth said...

Cute cake, Amanda!! What a lucky little girl!

Bond Fam said...

Happy birthday emma! Sorry we missed it! What a cool cake Amanda!