Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fiber



Sometimes your kids surprise you. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and I knew my kids needed some cereal. I have a "no artificial colors" rule, so I was looking for something they would like but also something they wouldn't gobble down in 2 days. I opted for frosted shredded wheat - well, you know, the generic kind in a big bag. They like it and it is shredded wheat - pretty healthy. I also got some Fiber one for me. My rule for breakfast cereal is that it must have at least 5 grams of fiber per serving. Well, this one has 14 g, so it definetly makes the cut. It's also lightly sweetened and has honey clusters or what ever to make it not taste exactly like rabbit food. So, today was a lazy sunday morning. I get to sleep in to about 7:45 - which is quite a break from my M-F 5:20 wake up schedule. My kids had already awoken and were getting cereal. David had the frosted shredded wheat. Josh was pouring himself a nice bowl of Fiber one. As I looked at him in surprise, he said "Mom, it's good, I tasted it." So, he didn't actually finish the whole bowl, but all day today, I've been wondering - what will 14 grams of fiber do to the digestive system of a 3 year old? I have yet to find out.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm curious, too! Maybe we'll find out when the next post has "Runny" in the title.