Friday, May 26, 2006

Laughing Baby


I thought I better start recording some of the cute and funny things that my children do before I forget. The event that inspired this post was something that Emma did. She is quite mobile now and her new thing is standing on her own. This morning I was busy doing something. Emma was crawling around the kitchen, eating the part of her breakfast that she threw on the floor. I was in the master bedroom (on the main level) and I hadn't heard Emma for a few minutes. This has happened before and she usually has crawled upstairs. I looked around the main level, didn't see her, so I ran upstairs. I briefly glanced around the hallway and poked my heads in the bedrooms - I didn't see her. I ran back downstairs and looked around a little more. At this point I'm thinking she is hurt, or choking, or tangled in something and I started to get really worried. I ran upstairs again and she was just standing there, in the hallway, laughing. It was like she somehow knew - "mommy is running around scared to death and I'm right here!!! ha ha on her" I still don't know where she was the first time I looked. I'm just glad she was safe and sound.

No comments: