Friday, August 25, 2006

Tooth Fairy


Yesterday David lost his first tooth! It was very loose all day long and when he got home from school it was bothering him. He said he couldn't eat anything. I helped him pull it out with a string. We wrapped a thread around the tooth and crossed it in front - kind of the same method when cutting cinnamon rolls with a thread. The tooth came right out, but it landed in our thick, shaggy, basement carpet. We felt around with our hands but to no avail we couldn't find the tooth. We had to leave to go somewhere and I promised David that when we got home we could search some more. I also explained that the tooth fairy would still come - tooth or no tooth. Later that night we kept on searching but couldn't find it. I had an idea, but I wasn't sure that it would work. I finally decided to give it a try. I put a new bag in the vaccuum and figured when I heard the little tooth go in the vaccuum, we could take the bag off and hopefully find it in there. I started vaccuuming, heard the little rattle of the tooth going up the vaccuum, and to my surprise - we found the tooth! My hand was too big to reach inside the bag and find the tooth, so David did the honors. He was so excited to find his tooth! The tooth fairy came and David claims the money was left under Josh's pillow. I'm not sure how that happened, since David is on the top bunk and I'm sure that the money was left under David's pillow. Oh well, all's well that ends well. And David can truly say that he lost his tooth - he also found it :)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

David, have you been kissing girls? My dad always used to tell me kissing is what made your teeth fall out. I'm glad you found it and that the tooth fairy came.