Friday, September 22, 2006

New Glasses


David's teacher at school let me know that she had noticed David's eye turning in when he looked at something far away. Then David started telling me that his eye was crossing when he was reading. I immediately thought "Oh no, here we go again! Not more eye surgeries!" I had David checked out by an eye doctor. He said that David was far sighted. The muscle that is used to focus the eye is controlled by a nerve that also controls the muscle to move the eye in and out. He said that glasses should fix the problem because David will not have to use the muscle to focus the eye - the glasses would do that for him. I was very glad to hear that because I was not looking forward to going through more eye surgeries. David was so excited to get his glasses. They told him that they would probably be in on Friday. I tried to prepare him, saying that it might not be until Monday that the glasses would come in. Then they surprised me by calling on Thursday and saying that they had the glasses ready for him. David was practically bouncing off the walls. He was actually kind of upset that he missed having his glasses for picture day - picture day was thursday - the day that he got his glasses after school. I am crossing my fingers that it will fix the problem. The doctor even said that he will probably grow out of his farsightedness as he gets older. I'm just hoping that this enthusiaum will last.

No comments: