Friday, October 20, 2006

The Big Red Barn and Pumpkin Farm


Last weekend we went to one of the local pumpkin patches. Unfortunately, this is not a picture of the place we went - I just had to have one for the blog. I was in such a hurry getting everyone ready that I forgot to bring my camera. I was pretty sad that my blog wouldn't have pictures of what we did :(. Anyway, it was pretty fun - although not really worth the $5 to get in and $1 for the hayride, but that's okay. There were lots of animals around - goats, pigs, horses, cows, llamas, rabbits, and chickens. There was also a cat walking around that Rachel had fun petting. Emma really liked the corn box (imagine a sand box made from hay bales that contains dried corn instead of sand). There was a tiny village of little houses. David and Josh really liked trying out the old fashioned teetor-totter. We took a hayride and picked out a nice looking pumpkin. It was a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon.

No comments: