Thursday, October 11, 2007

Halloween Craziness

I'm one of those moms that likes to make her kids Halloween costumes. It's kind of fun and the kids really like it too. For the past several years, we have always had a costume from the previous year that the younger kids don't mind wearing - in other words, I have never attempted to make 4 Halloween costumes at once. This year I thought I would try it. We are doing a theme (4 characters from the Wizard of Oz) and I am making all of the costumes. There aren't too many places they get to wear the costumes. There is a parade at school and Trick or Treating (where it's dark and cold and you usually have to wear a coat over your costume). But, there is usually the Church Halloween party where it's warm and well lit and I get to show off my sewing skills. I haven't really started the costumes other than buying all the patterns and fabric and cutting out some of the patterns (the paper, not the fabric yet). I kept thinking I had a few weeks - Halloween isn't until the 31st! We just got an invitation to our church party. It's on the 19th!!! I have a little over a week to make 4 costumes. I think I may have gotten a little over my head. Let's hope I can finish them so we don't end up with Dorothy, Bob the Builder, a pumpkin, and Peter Pan. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Laura Bloomfield said...

Oh Amanda, I have PERFECT confidence in you! I can't wait to see the wizard of oz foursome!

Sarah said...

You'll do great! Is Emma going to be Toto? :P

Amanda said...

Rachel is going to be Dorothy, David the tinman, Josh the scarecrow, and Emma is going to be the lion. I thought about making Emma Glinda the good witch, but I wanted to have the 4 main characters.

Jess said...

I can't wait to see pictures of them. What a cute idea and I know you will make them so cute.

Ginger said...

I say 80% brave, 20% crazy, but I know they'll turn out great. I just hope you get some sleep this next week. Don't forget to post some pictures!

Laura Bloomfield said...

Just curious regarding your progess. How's it goin with the costumes???