Thursday, October 18, 2007

Singing in the Rain


We had just arrived home. It was one of those brief, but powerful, late summer rain storms. I could see the look in my kids eyes as we pulled into the garage. I said "go ahead, you can play in the driveway for a few minutes." At first, they were hesitant. Is mom really letting us play in the rain? Can we really get soaked and dirty? They were probably hesitant because this is the sort of thing I usually never let them do. They had a blast. They found a small puddle to jump in. It was totally worth it. It reminded me of something that my siblings and I did. We had just moved to Virginia. In fact, I think it was one of our first days there because we were still at a hotel. We had moved from Oregon where, when it rained, it rained all day. It has a hot, humid summer day. All of a sudden, it started raining buckets. We were in the parking lot of the hotel, jumping around in this sudden rainstorm that only lasted a few minutes. That was fun too.




1 comment:

Jess said...

It looks like they had so much fun. I need to relax and let my kids do more things like that. If only we would get some rain here. :)