Monday, December 10, 2007

Snow Dance


Tonight my kids all put their pajamas on backwards and danced around the house chanting "snow, snow, snow!". Well, maybe their little snow dance worked - school has already been canceled and it hasn't even started to come down yet. Unfortunately for them, I don't think it's going to be fun to play in. The first couple inches of precipitation is going to be coming down as ice. Maybe they accidentally did the ice dance :) I think that's the main reason that the schools are already closed. It's not really the 3-5 inches of snow they are worried about, it's the ice that makes things so dangerous. So, we get a day off tomorrow. I'm glad I know now so I can just let the kids sleep in if they want to. I just hope that our power stays on and that the bad weather only lasts a day or two - at least until the next storm. Last year, we didn't have any snow or ice until after the 1st of the year. We have already had 3 significant storm systems. I think it's going to be a long winter.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I remember being a kid in VA and hoping for a snow day. The ice storms were always the worst.

Mollie said...

Brrrrrrr.... I was thinking about you guys as I let the preschool kids, in their sandals, play outside today. I think I'll be in for a pretty good shock when I have to live in a cold climate again - and cold is anything below 50 degrees....