Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tagged - 8 things

Ok Ive been tagged by Amy & Elizabeth. They were slightly different lists - so I combined the two.

8 TV shows I watch

1. The Biggest Loser
2. The Office
3. CSI
4. American Idol
5. Get it Sold
6. Design to Sell
7. Mythbusters (awesome show on the Discovery channel - it's one of our kid's favorites too)
8. ummmm, I don't really watch TV that much, maybe Oprah?

8 things I did yesterday

1. Made cookies for Josh's speech class at school.
2. Got Emma's hair cut
3. Visited someone from Church for their birthday
4. Did some laundry (after my marathon session on Saturday, I'm trying to do - and put away - one load a day)
5. Played around on facebook, read my blogs, updated my Quicken, blogged
6. Played dolls and blocks with Emma.
7. Helped 3 kids with homework.
8. Made dinner.

8 Favorite Restaurants
This is a tough one - we don't really go out to eat that much...

1. Applebees - it's always nice to have a familiar restaurant like this when you are in a strange town. It's family friendly and we've been there more than once with our family because our kids would get free kid meal coupons from our Doctor when they got shots.
2. The Cheesecake Factory - just been there once for a girls night out. The food and the cheesecake was amazing. But, the wait to get in isn't really worth it.
3. P.F. Changs - I love chinese food - still, I've only been there once (I guess I need to get out more)
4. Papa Murphys - I know, not technically a restaurant, but I really like their take and bake pizza and it's a lot cheaper than getting a cooked pizza delivered.
5. Red Robin - another fun family place that has good burgers and bottomless steak fries.
6. TGI Fridays - fun for the family and for GNO - they also have a bunch of entrees that are 500 calories or under (and that's pretty good for restaurant food).
7. Huhot Mongolian Grill - we went there once with friends in Omaha. You get to build your own stirfry and then watch a bunch of guys cook it on this huge round grill. It was really good.
8. Biaggis - an Italian restaurant in Omaha that I have fond memories of - we went there with some of our good friends.

8 Things I Love About Fall

1. That it starts to cool down.
2. The kids are back in school.
3. The beautiful fall colors.
4. low electric bill
5. Thanksgiving
6. Carving pumpkins
7. earlier bedtime
8. Having a big pot of warm soup or chili for dinner.

8 Things on my Wish List

1. That someone will buy our house.
2. A house that would clean itself.
3. Instantaneous travel - like "beam me up, Scotty" That way we could always visit those that lived far away and distance wouldn't be a problem.
4. To go on a dream vacation with my family - like Disneyland or something.
5. To go on a dream vacation with my husband - like Hawaii or a cruise.
6. For all my kids to be happy and successful in life - you know - missions, temple marriages, good college educations, successful careers.
7. A personal chef
8. A gym membership with a personal trainer.

And, there you have it. A bunch of random lists of 8 things. I tag Jessica Hutchings, Trinity Moore, and Ginger Bloomfield (and anyone else that feels so inclined...)

2 comments:

Bond Fam said...

Good post Amanda! I am always afraid to tag people cause I am afraid they will be annoyed with me or something, so Im glad that you did it! I had a hard time coming up with the restaurants too!

Ginger said...

Sorry Amanda but every time I sit down to do this I can't think of more than two things for each category. Anyone who really wants to know will just have to use their imagination on what TV shows I like.