Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our trip - part one.

Here is our journey as we traveled from Las Cruces, New Mexico to Colorado Springs. Aaron was already there, so I made the trip with the 4 kiddos alone.

March 19th & 20th the packers and movers came to pack up and load all of our stuff. We slept in a packed up house on Thursday night and I had to deal with a vomiting 3 year old. I actually had to open up some boxes to find another blanket and some towels (which she also threw up on). I had some really great friends that fed us dinners and helped me clean (and washed all the yucky bedding!) On the 21st we started the first leg of our very round about way to get to Colorado and went to Farmington, New Mexico. The kids had 2 weeks of Spring break and we wanted to take advantage of the time to visit some family.

We spent a few days there and had fun with grandparents and cousins. We had one really fun day of flying kites.

Emma particularly enjoyed it and was very sad when her kite ended up in a tree later on.



David had a really hard time - his kite kept breaking. After a couple of trips to the dollar store, we finally found one that worked.

Rachel had fun flying her kite as well, but for some reason, I don't have any pictures. I think I was pretty distracted trying to help untangle and fix kites.

We had a great time with all the Bloomfields in Farmington. Stay tuned for part II

1 comment:

Bond Fam said...

Don't feel bad I didnt get any pictures at all of the kite flying, so you did better then me!