Tuesday, April 07, 2009

We're Here

This will be a very short and pictureless post but since I haven't blogged in a long time I figured I would give a quick update. The kids and I finally arrived in Colorado Springs on April 1. The drive was very long and not without some unexpected difficulties. My sister Sarah drove down with me - this turned out to be a lifesaver! There was some snow along the way (and with kids, there is always some excitement). I'm just glad that we are here and getting settled in. The house will take forever to unpack and I will take some pictures when a few more things are put away. So far I like the house and the neighborhood. We even have some family (Aaron's cousin's family, the Kelschs) to help us get settled. The kids started school today and I hope that everything goes well for them. Their teachers seemed very nice. We weren't even the only new students there today.

I'm hoping Spring will arrive very soon - we're not used to the cold weather! The mountains are beautiful and it seems like any kind of shopping I could want is around the corner. I am excited for our new adventure in Colorado Springs!

5 comments:

Kelly P said...

Soo exciting! I'm glad you are there and all together again! Keep warm!

Karla said...

We're very glad to have you living right down the street. It will be fun having cousins close by.

Laura Bloomfield said...

I hope that someday we can come see you, but maybe someday when it's warmer. :-)

Bond Fam said...

Im so glad you made it there, and I hope that you are able to get settle very fast!

Jess said...

It was good to hear that you made it to Colorado safely and are starting to get settled into your house. Can't wait for the pictures.