Saturday, August 23, 2008

El Paso Diablos

Thursday night we were able to attend a baseball game in El Paso - the Diablos. Aaron's work had reserved a special section for employees that included hamburgers, hotdogs, chips, and drinks. We got to meet some people from Dad's work and have a fun outing as a family. I had planned on bringing the camera, but forgot it at the last minute - so sorry, I have no pictures. David and Josh were sure that we were going to catch a ball. I told them it was possible, but not very likely. A tipped foul ball did go into the stands - bounce around like crazy, and almost made it to our table. A guy in the next table over stuck out his hand and got it. If he has missed, I think I could have snagged it. They were disappointed but said "we'll get the next one". Gotta love that positive attitude! We had to leave way before the game ended to get the kids home at a reasonable hour for school. I found out later that the Diablos lost 14-3 - so we didn't really miss anything great. Even though we didn't get a baseball (or cotton candy or a foam finger) the whole family had a great time. There's nothing like a good old baseball game.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Too bad you didn't get the ball, maybe next time!

Bond Fam said...

How fun, I love going to baseball games!