Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Lagoon

We were fortunate enough to be in Utah during the Lagoon day for Grandpa's work. The kids had never been to any kind of amusement park before and they were so excited. We started out the adventure at the Food tent with some cotton candy.



Since it was a hot day, the first place we went was the water park. I don't have any pictures of that (didn't want to get my camera wet). The kids had fun there but they were really anxious for some rides! They had been to the Cherry Hill waterpark a few days before and it wasn't as new and exciting as the rides were going to be. We headed over to kiddie land and put all the kids on what I thought was a pretty tame ride. Unfortunately, it went kind of fast and up and down, and Emma was screaming the whole time. Rachel is turning around trying to comfort her.

That pretty much turned Emma against all the rides for a while. Aunt Sarah thought she might be able to get her to go on the Merry go round, but she was too scared.

Rachel and the boys thought that the rides were really fun. They really had fun on the Dino Drop ride with Grandpa.

Emma finally decided that she wanted to go on this boat ride. I'm glad that she got over her fear, but the line was excruciatingly slow - only 7 kids at a time and the attendant had to buckle and unbuckle each kid. It took over half an hour to get Emma on the boat.

It was worth it though - she still talks about the time she went on the yellow boat.

Here are more pictures from the fun day.

Sarah and Spencer were able to join us and we all had a lot of fun. The time went by quickly. I love roller coasters and only had time to catch two - the Wild Mouse and the Colossus. When I had gone to Lagoon as a child I loved that ride and would do it over and over again. I guess I'm getting older because just one time on the ride made me dizzy for two days!

We all had a great time. I even ran into some old friends that we knew in Payson. This may have to turn into a Utah summer tradition.

6 comments:

Rhett Olson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Olson said...

I accidentally posted under Rhett's login before...

anyway, I love roller coasters although they get to me a little more physically now than they used to. We took Jacob on the Colossus last time we were there and that was a big mistake...he HATES roller coasters now. poor kid!

Bond Fam said...

How fun! Me and Brian need to do something like that I am in desperate need of some fun, lol.

Jess said...

I loved Lagoon as a kid, but have not been back since. I am not much of a roller coaster person anymore, but I think my kids would have fun.

Jenee Zirker said...

That's so fun. We just got back from Adventure Land yesterday and the kids had a blast plus it brings the kid out in you. But I feel the same as you some of the rides just make me sick. It must be either old age or all of the babies. Glad you had a fun time.

Amanda Stevens said...

We so wish we could have gone to Lagoon this summer but alas the kids have to settle for the YMCA! I love your sister's style with the wedding clothing. She looks stunning in her dress. Did your family sew any of the clothes? Thanks for keeping in touch. I do my blog but I am terrible at my internet social life. I wish you lived closer also. Our kids would love time together. Scott's boss just moved from where you live a year and a half ago. He seemed to think it was rough out south. That could just be one man's opinion.