Sunday, June 11, 2006

Locks of Love



Here is the before and after of Rachel's haircut. You couldn't have seen a girl more excited or happy about the way her hair turned out. She was able to donate her hair to the Locks of Love foundation. They put it in a ponytail, cut it off, and Rachel quietly asked me "remember, I wanted my hair all the same length". I assurred her that they were going to do more than just chop off her pony tail. She was all smiles as she looked in the mirror at her new 'do. This morning she was so excited as she took a shower "It was so easy to wash my hair!" And brushing it? No tangles. So, even though it turned out a little shorter than I thought it would (doesn't is always?) , and the fact that I'm going to have to blow dry it every day (to make it look as cute as the picture) still makes me extremely pleased with the result. Also, one of the best things about hair? It always grows.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

adorable!

Sheila said...

Wow! From long hair to a short lip length bob! Very stylish and short! Love her short haircut! How generous of her for donating her hair! Was she nervous? Is she going to keep her hair short or grow it out again for another donation to locks of love?