Saturday, June 17, 2006

Time to Reboot


The other day Josh, my 3 year old, wanted to use the computer. I started up sesamestreet.com, got him oriented, and left to do other things. A little while later he came upstairs and said "computer not working". When I finally made it back down to the computer (one of the downsides of having your computer in the basement), the Windows XP login screen said I had 35 programs running. Everything was extremely slow - let's just say the computer was a little bogged down. There were several instances of Firefox, Windows explorer, and Google Earth running. It took a while to get everything shut down. The situation was better than the other time I left him unsupervised on the computer - a black screen with the words "insert your boot disk" ominously staring at me. I think that's the last time I let him use the computer on his own. I'm just glad he didn't erase the hard drive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fabulous blog -wonderful

E x