Thursday, November 09, 2006

Mishaps of a harried mom


Being a mom for these past 8 years, I have done many things that a "perfect mom" wouldn't - picked my kids up late from preschool, let teeth brushing slide, let my kids eat food off of the floor, and a number of other things I do not wish to enumerate. But, I think the crowning achievement of my absent-mindedness occurred last night. After 4 kids and about 8 years of diapering, I put my 18-month old to bed with no diaper on. I am still trying to figure out how I could have consciously snapped a onesie over a little naked bum. I guess I had my mind on other things. Thankfully, she was just wet when she woke up. Otherwise, I think I would be really sorry. I guess that's one way to cut down on diaper use, but I wouldn't recommend it.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Are you sure she didn't take it off herself during the night? I've had that happen before. Don't worry Amanda - every mom has her moments of imperfection whether or not she likes to admit it.

P.S. Are you saying I shouldn't let me kids eat off the floor? ;)

Amanda said...

Well, that was my first thought - that she took it off. But, she was wearing a onesie that was still snapped and wearing pants over that. There was also no diaper on the floor by her crib. And no, I'm not saying that you shouldn't let your kids eat food off the floor - I still let my kids eat off the floor!