Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I resolve...

I made my resolutions very simple this year - ones that I thought I might be fairly successful at achieving. And, I didn't make very many. The first one is I have to do all the dishes before I go to bed (I've been 100% so far!) This may sound easy for most people but for some reason for me it's not. I just have to not let them pile up. At the end of every day, whatever won't fit in the dishwasher, I have to wash by hand. So far, so good. The other one is to log at least 5 hours of exercise a week. I've actually been pretty good at doing this already, I just want to make sure it's at least 5 hours - so those weeks when I'm really busy, I'll have to push myself to squeeze it it. So, that's it. No promises of running a marathon or keeping my house spotless. Just simple, attainable resolutions that I think I can actually stick to.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Amanda, I'm only a mom of three, not FOUR like you, and I think your goals are huge. I applaud you for such an undertaking!

Amanda Stevens said...

I love your goals and have adopted the never going to bed with dishes. I hope you don't mind that I stole your resolution but so far it is working great. It never ends does it. I keep thinking as soon as I get to square one I will start a new project and square one never comes. One day I will sit in a white glove home with vacuum lines in the carpet and long for the sticky hand prints and lipstick in the carpet. Actually I probably will have 50 grandkids to take care of that.
Amanda

Bond Fam said...

Wow amanda you are good, I never do my dishes every night and I know I should, but when Brian is gone, I am so lazy about stuff like that. As for exercising Im trying to be better about that, I am better at eating healthy (most of the time) then I am at exercising, but I know that both are important. So good job on your goals!!