Friday, January 11, 2008

My 100th post

It's only taken me almost 2 years but I'm finally up to 100 posts. So, to celebrate, I'm going to list 100 things about myself. Who knows, you may learn something new! Let's start at the beginning...

  1. I was born in Bountiful, Utah on September 7, 1976.
  2. I was the second child and the first girl in my family.
  3. I have 2 younger sisters and one older brother.
  4. When I was born and my head came out, I was face up (sorry mom!) and the doctor said I was a girl because I was so cute!
  5. When I was 2, I had surgery to remove a cyst from behind my left eye.
  6. My mom got dirty looks in the grocery store because I had a black eye for several months after the surgery.
  7. My family moved to Corvallis, Oregon when I was 4.
  8. The first house we lived in there had a huge yard.
  9. We had over 80 trees (I remember because I counted them once).
  10. We had this awesome walnut tree in the front yard that was great for climbing.
  11. We had a one acre garden that my whole family worked in.
  12. We also had several fruit trees and my mom would make applesauce and dried plums.
  13. We had a huge fenced field behind our house.
  14. Our neighbor had 2 turkeys that ran around in our field.
  15. The first elementary school I attended only had 75 students.
  16. My siblings and I all had the same first grade teacher.
  17. Her name was Mrs. Creighton.
  18. She sent me a baby gift when I had my first baby (of course, this was several years later, after I got married :)).
  19. I love to read and will read the same books over and over again.
  20. When I was young some of my favorite books were the Ramona series by Beverly Cleary.
  21. I also liked the Little House on the Prairie Books.
  22. I can't not mention my all time favorite - the Anne of Green Gables series of books.
  23. When I was in 5th grade my family was building a new house - I got to pick out the color of carpet in my room, I still remember the name "Pale Taupe".
  24. I had small little "room" in my closet (we called it the cubby hole).
  25. My sisters and I drew all over the walls (in the cubby hole) to decorate it.
  26. My best friend in 5th grade was named Mari.
  27. My 5th grade teacher was named Mr. Wagner.
  28. He was my favorite teacher.
  29. I got a card from him when I graduated from College.
  30. I was in a children's choir called "Heart of the Valley Children's Choir".
  31. With that choir I traveled to Seattle, Canada, and Disneyland.
  32. Every summer my family would travel to Utah to visit family.
  33. It was our big family vacation every year.
  34. One year we went to Disneyland with my Grandparents.
  35. My first date was with a boy named Rick to Homecoming.
  36. We doubled with another couple - the girl was my old friend Mari.
  37. We hadn't been friends for several years so it was a little awkward.
  38. I spent one summer picking broccoli to make money.
  39. I had an early morning paper route for several years.
  40. For all 4 years of high school I attended an early morning church school.
  41. I played softball in high school when I was a sophomore.
  42. I played right field.
  43. I got the "Most improved Player" award.
  44. It was because I was really terrible at the beginning of the season.
  45. Now I wish that I had played more sports.
  46. My first time behind the wheel of a car (actually, it was a giant station wagon) I plowed through a row of bushes at a house in the neighborhood.
  47. My family moved to Virgina one month before I turned 16.
  48. I wasn't too broken up about the move because some of my friends in high school started making me feel left out. But there were also some friends that I dearly missed.
  49. I worked at the library shelving books.
  50. My senior year, 2 boys (and they were good friends) both asked me to Homecoming.
  51. They went to a different school than me, so I went with one of them to my homecoming and with the other one to their homecoming.
  52. I wore the same dress.
  53. I never went to a high school Prom.
  54. I graduated as a Valedictorian (there were 16 Valedictorians at my high school).
  55. I went to BYU.
  56. I lived in Deseret Towers my Freshman year (dorm style).
  57. My sophomore year I lived in Heritage Halls (apartment style). This was way more fun.
  58. For two summers during college I worked at the Federal Highway Administration.
  59. My first major was Math Education.
  60. I figured out that after Calculus, math gets really weird, and it wasn't what I wanted to do.
  61. I changed my major to Computer Science.
  62. I was a computer science TA.
  63. I met my husband when he was a student in the class I was a TA for.
  64. We dated about 3 1/2 months before we got engaged.
  65. We were engaged for 6 months.
  66. My husband and I were each other's first kiss.
  67. We got married in the Washington D.C. temple.
  68. We went to Palmyra, New York for our honeymoon.
  69. Our first apartment was in downtown Provo, around the corner from a bar that boasted exotic dancers! (Probably the only one in Provo).
  70. When I graduated from BYU I was 7 months pregnant.
  71. I worked as I programmer after graduation until my baby came.
  72. My 1st child (a girl) was born on June 9, 1998.
  73. We lived in BYU's married student housing for a few years.
  74. My second child (a boy) was born on May 11, 2000.
  75. We bought our first house in Payson, Utah.
  76. My third child (another boy) was born on Sept. 23, 2002
  77. Baby number 4 (a girl) was born on April 26, 2005
  78. After living in Payson for 5 years, we moved to Omaha, Nebraska.
  79. I really like to sew.
  80. I really love making spreadsheets and crunching numbers.
  81. I wish I liked to scrapbook - I haven't even finished my first daughter's baby scrapbook.
  82. My favorite dessert is ice cream - and the ice cream has to have either chocolate or nuts (or both!) in it.
  83. My favorite comfort food is mashed potatoes - from scratch.
  84. My favorite color is green.
  85. My eyes are green.
  86. I am a quiet person.
  87. I avoid confrontation.
  88. I cry very easily.
  89. I always feel like crying when I watch one of my kids at a school program or performance - I have no idea why.
  90. If I didn't dye my hair, it would probably be 30-40% gray! (and I'm only 31 )
  91. I cook my kids a hot breakfast almost every day (except for weekends)
  92. I make all my bread from scratch using whole wheat flour that I grind from wheat.
  93. I almost always have on hand the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies.
  94. I love to do step aerobics.
  95. I would probably do it 2 hours a day if my gym offered it.
  96. I like to run as well.
  97. I use a heart rate monitor when I exercise.
  98. I love to make smoothies with frozen fruit and yogurt.
  99. I love being a stay at home mom.
  100. I love staying in touch with old friends with my blog.


Whew! I can't believe I finished that. I know the list is pretty random and there is probably some obvious stuff that I left out. But, this is what I came up with. So, there you go. That's more about me than you ever wanted to know :). Maybe this year if I keep up on my blogging it won't take me so long to post another 100 times.

6 comments:

Laura Bloomfield said...

Wow Amanda! I loved reading your list! I must say that I did know many of those things, but there were many of these things that I didn't know about you! I loved reading it! Thanks Amanda!

Ginger said...

What is it about child related things that makes mommies so weepy? I had to leave Ezra at primary for the first time last week and I barely made it out into the hall before I broke down. And primary sacrament meeting presentations? OH man! Bring on the kleenex!

Jess said...

That was fun to read! I learned some new things and it was fun to read about the things I already knew about. I don't think I will ever make it to 100 posts. I think I am only at 35 or something. I enjoy reading others blogs but seem to have a hard time posting on mine.

Amanda Stevens said...

I have always thought you were the best Amanda! Great tidbits about your life. Who likes those High School dances anyways. I went to two proms one year and wore the same dress. Then the next year I wore a dress that everyone thought was from the year before. I really don't think I needed any of those memorable experiences. I am so glad you still love to sew. I do too but never make the time. I made some presents this year. I still love green just like you and can relate to alot of your life experiences.
Amanda

Bond Fam said...

Wow Amanda that was really interesting, and I learned a lot about you I didnt know, its funny cause a lot of the things you said sounded like me, I guess we are more alike then we thought. I used to love the Ramona books, (and I still read them sometimes, lol) and of course anne of green gables.

Bond Fam said...

Oh by the way this is amy your sis - in law in case you were wondering, cause I dont think Ive ever posted on here before, so I just wanted to make that clear.