Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Years Eve Traditions

I thought that we should do something fun to ring in the new year. We usually watch movies and play some games and this year we added making banana splits.

These are all the fun toppings you need.

I think this was Rachel's creation.

Emma loves to eat anything sweet - especially ice cream.

We also played a fun game that we got for Christmas. It's called Blokus.
I didn't take pictures, but it was a really fun game that even Josh could play and understand. The pieces kind of look like Tetrus blocks. You try to place as many of your color as you can - the only rule is that when you place a piece on the board, it has to touch another piece of the same color, but only at the corners. It's fun for kids and adults, takes 20-30 minutes to play, and is easy to understand. Hopefully we won't lose any of the pieces!
Anyway, that was our New Year's Eve. All the kids (except for Emma) stayed up until midnight, but they were pretty cranky the next day. We might have to pretend that new years comes at 10:00 next year :)

3 comments:

Mollie said...

That's a great idea. Our new years eves have been pretty lame so far. Even Sam and I go to bed at 10 (and I just put the boys to bed around their normal bed time - around 8!) But having a tradition (especially one that involves ice cream) sounds like a great idea. I think I might steal it for next year.

Jess said...

That's a great idea! We did a movie night but I am all for adding some yummy ice cream.

Bond Fam said...

That sounds like fun, I wish I couldve been there!