Saturday, January 19, 2008

Triple the pleasure, triple the fun


On Friday January 11th, my sweet little Josh, had surgery. He had his tonsils removed, his adenoids removed, and ear tubes put in.

He obviously doesn't know exactly what's coming. He was excited to have his own room in the hospital with his own TV.

This was after they gave him some demerol and versed - very calm and relaxed.

He cried and cried after they brought him to me when the surgery was over. It's really hard as a mom to sit there and watch your child in pain. It makes you want to cry too.

He finally fell asleep after some Tylenol with codeine and we were able to go home after a couple of hours. It has been a rough week (especially with Aaron being out of town) but I think we are past the worst of it. Hopefully his sleep/breathing/ear infection problems will be a thing of the past!

6 comments:

Mollie said...

I hope he's feeling better! I didn't even know it had happened until mom told me - sorry I'm so out of touch. Harrison sent him a get well card - hopefully he's got it by now!

Jess said...

Oh, bless his heart! That is a lot to go through for a little guy and for a mommy. I hope he is feeling back to himself soon.

Bond Fam said...

Ohh poor Josh it made me teary eyed to look at the picture of him crying, if I had been there I probly really would have been cryin (Im such a baby). I hope he is feeling all better now.

Ginger said...

Amanda, I can't believe you did this all by yourself with Aaron out of town! What a woman. I need a Josh update the minute he is feeling better. Until then I'll just imagine him still crying in bed and that won't do.

Margie Madsen said...

Dear Amanda,
I can relate, I went thru many of the same experiences with all my children except Mollie. I never gets any easier.
Thanks for being such a great mom to my grandchildren.
Love,
MOM

Julie Olson said...

The hardest part for me with Addie's 2 kidney surgeries was dealing with her coming out of the anesthesia. It was HORRIBLE! What a mom, doin' it on your own. Best wishes with the recovery...for both of you.

By the way, we went on our trip for our 11th Anniversary. We're back home safe and sound now...but jetlagged.