Friday, September 26, 2008

Curly Hair Bows


I learned how to make these fun bows at a church craft activity (Super Saturday). Rachel wanted one tied onto an elastic for ponytails, and I made the other two on metal clips for Emma. They sure take a while to make, but they really are cute. Rachel helped me make the bows by twirling the ribbon around the dowels. She already wants to make several more sets. There is a tutorial online if you are interested in making some of your own. I just used different clips and I tied the bunch of ribbons together with a piece of flat ribbon. I used two 10 yard spools of thin ribbon - it's supposed to make 2 very fluffy bows but I divided it into three and they still looked great. It's a fun project!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I have tried to do these before, but mine didn't turn out as cute as yours!

Laura Bloomfield said...

I would love to see how they looked on your beautiful models!

Bond Fam said...

They are so cute!

Jess said...

Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I love making bows for my girls. I will have to give these a try. Yours turned out really cute!

Jenee Zirker said...

Those were so cute in fact I made some for Zoie today. NOt to hard just time consuming. Looks like you are enjoying all there is to enjoy in NM. WE miss you.