Monday, September 15, 2008

Emma's Homework

Thanks to Starfall, which Emma can sit and play on for long periods of time, she knows almost all of her letters! I know some kids are practically reading by age 3 - but for Emma this is a pretty big accomplishment. I didn't even realize that she knew her letters until she was pointing some of them out to me. She loves to sit and type. She calls this her "homework" and she demands to do it quite often. Rachel got this shot of her in action.



I'm glad that she loves to learn!

9 comments:

The Keel Gang said...

That is so cute!!!! Mavaney loves to help her little sister, Isabelle, work on her letters too. Isabelle just started kindergarten & within a month knew all of her letters. My husband was so worried when she started school that she didn't know any of them! It just goes to show the great work of great teachers!

Julie Olson said...

I checked out the site and that is awesome. Are there any for Math...my spencer is having a hard time with that. Good job Emma!

Jenn said...

I love that web site too! Good job Emma, you are so smart!

Bond Fam said...

Great job Emma! You are so smart!

Sarah said...

I can't believe how big she's getting! I love how excited she gets - she's so cute!

Jess said...

She is so cute! We love Starfall at our house too! Luke learned his letters and sounds by playing on Starfall and watching the DVD Letter Factory.

Laura Bloomfield said...

I know that I may be a little bit prejudiced, but I think that I have the most brilliant nieces and nephews! Emma is no exception! Way to go Emma! Aunt Laura's proud of you!

Jenee Zirker said...

Wow way to go Emma. I can't believe how grown up she is getting. Where does the time go?

Heather said...

thanks for the tip on StarFall. I'm going to have my Abe do some activities on there. He needs some fun ways to learn.