Friday, September 12, 2008

The Great Egg Drop

For school, Josh had to come up with a container that would safely cradle an egg as it was dropped off the roof at school. We packed it in a small gladware container surrounded by cotton balls, wrapped it in toilet paper, and then (this part was Josh's idea) taped a grocery sack on the top to act as a parachute. I really had my doubts that his egg would make it through unscathed. Parents were able to attend. I forgot my camera so I had to make do with my cell phone. I took a picture of his teacher dropping it off the roof but for some reason, it was set on really low resolution so that picture didn't turn out. Josh's egg landed softly and I really think that the parachute helped. I was really surprised that his egg did not break!


The funniest egg container was brought by a dad who brought some office supplies to school that morning and the kid just put his egg in a padded envelope. He didn't even seal it! The egg broke and splattered all over the side of the school. Another kid packed his in kix cereal (which the kids were all eating when he opened his box). And another kid's egg made it through okay only for him to pick it up and break it on his head - I'm glad I wasn't the teacher who had to deal with that mess. It was a fun activity for the kids to do and Josh was really excited that his egg did not break.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Ash did that last year. The morning of we were kinda like the Dad with the envelope. We forgot, so we quickly put it in a plastic container with flour. Well of course ours broke! How smart of Josh! Looks like he had fun! Good Job!

Laura Bloomfield said...

Good Job Josh!! Smart Thinkin!

Jenee Zirker said...

Way to go Josh great idea with the parachute.

Bond Fam said...

Good thinking Josh! Im impressed that your egg didnt break!