Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One Brave Kid

On Friday, Sept 5, David had surgery to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. He was only a little nervous and was a very brave kid. He only complained a little about not getting to eat that morning. When I told him that he wouldn't be able to eat breakfast on the morning of his surgery he said "I'll just have to wake up early and eat BEFORE breakfast!" I thought it was funny because it was the exact same thing that Rachel said when she had her eye surgery. Sorry kiddo - no food! He did great. Here he is smiling and waiting before the surgery.

This is after a little versed. This made him very sleepy and a little loopy.

After the surgery he did great! There wasn't any crying. In fact, when I said I wanted to take a picture of him, he smiled for the camera.

We are still recovering but it is going pretty well. The day of the surgery, he came home and got dressed and even asked to ride his bike! He still has a pretty sore throat (and I know it will get worse before it gets better, I've done this before) I am really hoping his sleep improves and he will not be so tired during the day.

5 comments:

Amanda Stevens said...

Amanda,
I had that surgery in my twenties. They say it is easier the younger a person. I thought it was the most painful experience. Your son is a trooper. I was silly and refused the pain meds prescription. It didn't take long for me to change my mind. I lost 10 pounds in two weeks. It looks like he is recovering well. Children are so resilient!

Bond Fam said...

Im glad that he did so well! I hope that he has a speedy recovery! And hopefully this will help with all of the allergy issues he has been having.

Jenn said...

Oh, he looks like he did good! I hope it will help him in the end. That is so hard to watch your kids go through the pain of it all.

Jess said...

I am glad the surgery went well and that he has been such a trooper. What a great kid!

Heather said...

I had my tonsils out when I was in my 30s and it was no fun. I think kids are so brave (maybe it's better they don't completely get the reality of it before it happens).